2004 ZX3 2.3 - USA

I have been following this group for some time and the advise and suggestions have been helpful.

I'll be ordering a 2004 ZX3, 5 speed, 2.3 engine, ABS and side air bags. I realize that this combo in the USA with the 2.3 engine is new but any feedback, good or bad, on the 04 ZX3 and the 2.3 engine would be appreciated.

Rich

Reply to
RD

I ordered the same package a few weeks ago. It's due in early February. I believe for the most part the kinks are worked out as this is the 4th year of the model. It's due for changes for the 05 model year and I"m sure they will introduce all new TSBs.

Reply to
yabba

I am sure you will have a lot of fun with your ZX3 2.3. I have a 2000 ZX3 that I bought used a short while ago. Thankfully all the recalls had been done on the car and there were quite a few! The only small problem I have had in the past 7000 Klms is a broken/worn/defective swaybar link which had to be replaced at $66CDN and that was done at a Ford dealership in under an hour.

Plus, I began using the semi-synthetic oil; 5W-20 and have already noticed that the car gets better MPGs. Handling is really something, very impressive! The 130 HP engine is well suited to the car, IMHO. I can only imagine that the 145 HP engine will add a few more thrills.

Ron

Reply to
Ron Joiner

The Duratec engine (which the 2.3 is) has proven to be VERY strong. You'll enjoy the added low end torque. The engine has a good racing history as well. Try this website and click into the forum. You'll find some good information on the new Focus models.

Phil

Reply to
PW