2005 Focus Seatbelt Alarm

Hello, Is there any way I can disable this function? B/C my job requires me to make allot of stops very often within the area. Sometimes I must sit idle
to monitor traffic patterns and influx. That darn alarm just keeps ringing all the time from block to block.
Thanks, Steph

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid8
-- Don
Don, Thanks for the info but that hack did not work for my 2005 Ford Focus. Unfortunately that specific hack works only for the 2003 & 2004 model. I was able to get my all-door-1-press-unlock hack to work. Please let me know if there is something available for the 2005 or you/of-someone who was able to get the seatbelt hack to work for the 2005 model. Thanks, Steph
ps there are also hacks available for your dvd players to allow all-region play and allow most formats to work like divx
queries:

(1) Timing is critical with these hacks. Were you going through the belts-lights quickly enough?
(2) Check your car's instruction manual to see if the procedure has changed.
(3) Check with a Ford service department for the procedure.
(4) Try posting on any of these message boards.
http://www.focusfanatics.com /
http://www.focusmotorsports.com/board /
http://www.myfordfocus.com/phpBB2/index.php
Hope this helps, Don
Stephan wrote:

Are you telling us that you are too damn lazy (or are you just stupid) to buckle and unbuckle your seat belt? It only takes a few seconds and it can save your life.
--
Bill R.

Remove nospam_ in e-mail address to reply by e-mail
I can't believe that you would actually have the time to reply with an answer like that when I explained my working conditions. Bill R. you really show your ignorance. Sometimes I drive at 5mph in private complexes. I did not know that I could die driving on idle with no traffic around in new subdivision neighborhoods. Thanks for your intellectual input from a professional like yourself. I think that am very well educated enough to know this information. Maybe I should just stand in the middle of a forest with a metal rod during a thunderstorm with excessive lighting, maybe I'll avoid getting hit too.
Stephanie

idle
ringing
heres something i found out... im 325lbs and needed a seatbelt extender... low and behold... it stopped the chime on my 2000... ask ford for an extender... theyre free and heck... if you gotta haul a large person... atleast you got an extender now. Stephan wrote:

Just buckle the seat belt behind the seat and it will never bother you again.

idle
ringing

Well, you could just put on the seat belt. Even if you are just creeping around parking lots or sitting in a stationary car (if you have to be stationary for long periods of time, why not just turn the car off so that you don't waste fuel or have to hear any seat belt alarms?), having the seat belt on does no harm (it may help if someone else crashes into you).
Timothy J. Lee

Hi, Under the drivers seat is a cable that runs to a connector by the "seat forward/back adjustment lever". Just unplug it from the seat and it should do the trick. Works like (open circuit=alarm off) mode. I disabled mine the second day I owned the car.
Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB