2005 focus wagon hatch opens by itself

My 2005 Focus Wagon rear hatch will open or release by itself when the engine is started, usually when I put it in gear or when driving. I'll stop
and close it but it keeps unlocking. I suspect it's the relay but I'd like some input on any other cause for this problem.
Too much flatulentance will cause it to pop open.

Seems like a short in the harness. One thing I dislike about the wagon (2007) hatch is that when you push the remote or dash button it not only unlocks the hatch, but disengages the latch so the hatch can pop open if you drive off. Wouldn't be bad if it popped up at the time you hit the release; had it happen a few times, first time a big surprise. Other than that a really nice auto.
Jim