2006 Focus Radio Question

I just bought a brand new '06 Focus ZX3 with S trim level. I noticed today (bought the car Saturday) that the speakers have a lot of distortion when I
raise the bass level past about half way even at only moderate volume. It sounds like I have blown speakers, but I'm not sure since the car is brand new. My question is, did I get a car with a bad set of speakers or is it just that bad of a stereo? Thanks for any help.
Patrick
Patrick Bennington wrote:

Ron
--