2008 focus SE tires

Mine came with the 205/50/16 setup. Anyone out there tried saving money by buying 55s as replacement tires?

Reply to
lidsvillenine

On my 2002 model (also 205/50-16 standard) I changed to a 55 profile with no ill effect. I think it may actually help the gearing on a 2.0 by making it slightly longer. The impact absorption over broken road and potholes is also slightly better.

AFAIK the later models here in South Africa came with 205/55-16 as standard.

You should check with Ford and your insurer before changing. They may invalidate your warranty and your insurance may invalidate your claim if you have one.

Regards Alistair

Reply to
bundyman

Thanks very much for your thoughtful advice. I'm heeding every bit of it.

Warmest Regards, Earl

Reply to
lidsvillenine