2nd part: oil use

Hi,

A while ago I wrote about the large oil use of our Focus

1.6 from April 2000.

The garage had the car for one day and did not find the cause of this problem. This day was last Wednesday.

They renewed the oil and the oil filter. The wettening on the gearbox was due to the switch for the backwards lightening, they said.

After last Wednesday we drove about 250km. Now already, the car has used another ½litre of oil again. We brought it to the garage yesterday and told them we would not drive another metre in it. They agreed.

Now we have to wait for the next conclusion of the garage. What if they find the problem, but the whole engine has to be opened...? I don't feel like taking the car back when opening of engine has happened. Our trust has gone away very far now. Every time we drive the car we are afraid the engine could stop any moment due to all the oil vanished...

We don't have any trust anymore in this car. We'd like to trade it for another car (Focus or other brand) of the same price. The garage told us to first wait for the mecanics to find out what the problem is.

Sounds crazy perhaps, but WE now hope they won't find the cause again. If this happens, we will demand for another car, a swap so called.

Anyone to reply on this?

Best regards from Holland.

Jan and Elsbeth

Reply to