Latest threads in Ford Focus Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

blue chip key
Hi i have a dec 02 1,8 td estate i only got 1 key with the car,my local dealer wants £100 to supply a new key and to programe it .By the book you need two keys to program a new key ,is this correct,...
3
3

2001 Ford Focus - catastrophic engine failure at 100,000kms?!?
Last Friday night my 2001 Ford Focus's engine died on me. Apparently, there is a broken piston rod, which ended up causing a cracked block and a hole in the oil pan. The kicker is that my 100,000km...
8
8

Lost compression
'02 Focus 2.0 sohc lost compression in #4 cylinder. Well, didn't lose all of it. #4 is at 60 psi, others are 160 or more. Is this Focus engine prone to any catastrophic failure or do I pursue the...
2
2

Ford focus Tddi Ci cambelt replacement
Apologies to anyone who has already read this over on but I was advised that this would be a better group to post my query on. Well I finally took the plunge, acting on several people's advice [Re:...
3
3

Drivers Arm Rest on 2002 UK Focus Ghia
Somehow, the drivers armrest on my 2002 UK Focus Ghia has got stuck in the upright position. However far "back" I try and push the armrest it won't "click" to allow the armrest to come down into the...
3
3

Zetec 2.0 whistle and power loss problem
Recently I noticed a whistling sound, under acceleration, coming from the engine area and an associated power loss. The engine doesn't want to make power at higher rpm's and wont pull redline. I...
1
1

where is and how to remove air conditioner filter
I have a '99 focus trend I heard about to clean or sanitize (with an anctibacteria) the air conditioner filter but where I find it? an how to remove and clean. TIA delo

Engine RPM
I've recently bought a Zetec 1.8 1999. When the engine is warm and I depress the cluch to change the gear, all of a sudden engine RPM goes to 4000-5000. What could be wrong and how to fix it.
1
1

DVD Sat Nav
Is there an option other than buying an updated DVD vis Ford? (I've got Denso 2004-2005 464210-5362; Ford Part no: 5s7T 10E898 AC) Roger

check engine light
I have a 2000 focus wagon. When it gets real hot and humid and I use the air conditioning, the check engine light comes on. In three or four days it goes back out. Any ideas why this occurs?

2000 Ford Focus oil light came on after oil change
Took it back and the tech said she has had the same thing happen with other Focus's. I did a google on this issue but came up with nothing. I also checked the manual for a reset procedure but didn't...
3
3

'06 Focus - computer problems?
3 month old Focus diesel has 'broken down' twice now - 1st time, engine warning light came on - taken to dealer who just said it was a software update needed doing - kept car half day for it to be...
1
1

2005 Focus Seatbelt Alarm
Hello, Is there any way I can disable this function? B/C my job requires me to make allot of stops very often within the area. Sometimes I must sit idle to monitor traffic patterns and influx. That...
9
9

07 Focus key programing
Just got a PATS key, had it cut at Home Depot. It opens the door, works in the ignition tumbler, but wont program to start the car. Tried the manual instructions several times, and never got the "key...
5
5

Engine warning light
I changed the oil, oil and air filters and plugs on my 2001 Focus. On starting I forgot to reconnect the plug to the air flow sensor and the engine was running on three cylinders the warning light was...
5
5