4door w/auto door locks failed

I have a 2000 Focus SE 4 door that we got in 2002. Since that time, the passenger side rear door has never worked right. It has been to the dealer like 3 times for repairs, but almost immediatly, the rear door will not
unlock nor open. It is like we really have a 3 door. I dread taking it to the dealer again. The dealer does not have a bad rep and other repairs have been great. We are also having some troubles with the trunk lid. I think the latch keeps getting out of alignment as now it will not close at all. Anyone else had these problems? And if so, what was the real fix??

Hmmm...are you sure the car wasn't damaged in an accident? A good appraisal person or bodyman can spot the evidence. If so, you can try to sue the seller or get the door and hatch re-aligned in a bodyshop.
No. We know it was never in a accident. We know the person that had the car from day one. We can't even hear the actuator in the door when we hit the unlock. I am sure the door is just locked. But since there is no keyhole in the backdoor we can't get it unlocked.

I also have a 2000 Focus which exhibits the same problems and a couple of more (gas gauge will stop functioning from time to time, brakes worn out at 30K, etc). The dealer never did really fix any of my problems. I am selling this thing and going back to a Japanese car. From what I've read, however, in this group and elsewhere, the newer Focii don't have the problems that existed in the first Focus year (2000). Good luck. jor