62,500 mile service

Hi,
I have a 2000/W Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec which has just reached the service interval of 62,500 miles. Will this be a general or major service? Also, at
this stage in its life, is it worth keeping up the full DSH?
Cheers,
Mark

At this stage, personnally I would use a trusted (recommeded by someone) local garage who will follow the Ford schedule. And be familiar with using the correct oil in the Zetec engine!!
Tim..
Many thanks Tim.
Just need to find a descent garage now then. Any ideas what sort of price I would be looking to pay for a 62.5k service???
Cheers,
Mark

Havent a clue, cos I havent the schedule of what should be done in front of me, or what was done at your 50,000mile service. You may need new brake pads (and discs) or you may not. I will be having brake fluid renewed and front discs done at my 50k service. Your car may have already had these...
Tim..
Tim,
Would you recommend the AA service centres or any of the main stream service centres?

Wouldn't the owner's manual give you an idea by listing what should be done at that time?
Timothy J. Lee

will be a standard (minor) service. I still have mine done at a Ford dealer but generally haggle to get a reasonable deal.
There's a Ford dealer near me that is quite cheap but not got a great reputation. They put their prices on their web site so I just print it off and take it to another local Ford dealer who match the cheaper price.
You might want to take a look to get some idea of prices. http://www.busseys.co.uk/maintenance/simplepricing.html
A standard service there on a Focus costs 118.
--
Paul Giverin

British Jet Engine Website
Many thanks for all the help guys.
I have booked it into the local Ford dealer. 110. I'll just wait for the repair bill to come through now...
Ta. Mark
writes

I would have thought at 62500 miles (100000km) that a timing belt change would be required. What is the t-belt interval on the Zetec engine?
Stephen

now 100,000 miles for both engine types.
Not sure I'm going to leave it that long though........
Chris
Yeah thats right. 100,000 miles for TB.
The service went well. Still don't need to have the brakes disks changed. although they are getting close. They have never been changed since new.
However, I need to have a gear leaver return spring changed??? 51

spring done.
Have a look here how to do it yourself for less than 4 :-
http://forum.ffoc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?tA50
--
Paul Giverin

British Jet Engine Website