97 ford escort A/C problem

I have the 1997 ford escort with the split port induction 2000 engine. The A/C clutch engages and disengages while A/C is on in a 3 or 4 second cycle. It's been doing this for several years and makes
the car feel like it's surging. I changed the CCRM last year thinking that would fix the problem. It didn't. I just had the compressor replaced because it went out. The A/C blows cold but it still has the on/off cycle. Since the CCRM and Compressor are now both new and the problem still exists, does anyone know what else it could be? I checked the manual looking for the relays but it doesn't show them. Does this configuration have those relays? If so, where are they located? Help!
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Sorry I can't help with your problem; it might be better to post it to a more appropriate NG as this one deals exclusively with the Focus.
Chris
--
Please remove prejudice to reply.

Is your system fully serviced? If you are low on refridgerant it will cause the surging. also the pressure sensor might be failing.

I would definately say you have a low charge level, or the HP switch is faulty.
Tim. .