98 escort air conditioning problem

My air was working OK then it went off for about five minutes then it came back on again and seemed to be OK. The next day I turned it on and it came up OK then went off and won't come back. The cooling fan comes on when I turn on the air cond switch but the compressor clutch does not power up. The problem appears to be a relay problem. Does anyone know where they are located. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
maser

Low refrigerator pressure, and check the snap connectors many of the snap fittings, slow leaks develop. Take your car in for service and ask them to do an A/C service, include a dye injection.

Reply to
Richard Ray

Reply to
Richard Ray