99 Focus stalling as car is stopping

Hello All,
I drive a 99 Ford Focus LX 1.4(IRE).There is 51000 miles on the clock.I am having a problem,as the car stalls and cuts out sometimes.
It happens when I am just about to stop at a junction or lights.I hit
the brake,the car slows down but the engine cuts out just before the car stops.sometimes the battery light just flashes but the engine keeps going.Whenever it stalls,its starts again without a problem.
This stalling could happen about twice a week on average.I had one of the breather hoses replaced recently at a main dealer (as it ripped) but the problem still occurs.I brought it to a mechanic who suggested that the throttle housing gives trouble on the Focus in general,which may cause my problem, but it would be pretty expensive to replace.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to what could be causing my problem?
Many thanks in advance, Alan

Throttle housing and idle air valve require cleaning- very common problem, especially around this mileage on cars which dont see alot of long distance driving and infrequent oil changes. (its oily carbon deposits which cause it)
Also double check you have no more split / leaking vacuum hoses.
Tim..