A/C compressor clutch failure - cost to replace

Hi, I have a 2000 Focus TDi, quite high miler now (90k). A few weeks ago the A/C packed in, I noticed that the compressor clutch wasn't engaging at all. I disconnected the cable and check the clutch coil for continuity -
and it's open circuit. This mean's it's clearly knackered.
The question is - how hard is it to replace the compressor clutch unit, and is it really worth it on a car of my age?
Thanks guys
Lee
In message
wrote:

Mine, also on a 2000 model, was replaced under warranty by a dealer at the start of the summer for 344 all in.
If it went again and I had to bear the cost of repair, I still would because it's one of those luxuries you really can't do without once you've had it. If you'd have said traction control, I'd have said save your money. ;)
--
Paul...

http://www.cestria.com /