A/C fuse number?

Hi again-I wanted to check my A/C wasnt coming on by itself by removing the fuse for it-when I removed the glove box I still cant see which number fuse I need,without forcing the issue ;),
TIA

Assuming a UK model,
If you have the controls set to de-mist the front windscreen the A/C comes on automatically to remove moisture from the incoming air.
One of the radiator cooling fans is part of the A/C circuit
F29 30Amp/Green Engine Cooling Fan (Air Conditioning) F6 30Amp/Green Engine Cooling Fan (Air conditioning)
These are in the engine compartment fuse box.
The A/C switch goes directly into an electronics module which in turn derives it's power via 2 fuses in the engine compartment fuse box and 2 on the panel inside the car. My Haynes manual and the UK Ford Owners handbook disagree on the fuse numbers but anyway removing any one of the fuses may disable a lot more than just the A/C. (heated screen/trip computer/air re-circulation motor/ice warning/engine run relay etc.)
Haynes manual F7, F8, (engine compartment) F58 and F36 (behind the glove box)
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com
Alan wrote:

Not on earlier cars however.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Earlier than which year? My 2001 UK model has this feature.
--
Alan
news2006 amac f2s com
Alan wrote:

My '99 doesn't :-)
I would hate to have it, and would find a way to disable it if fitted.
I find that using A/C to demist works fine. However, the next time you use the car, it mists up as soon as you start. It's OK if you remember to turn the A/C off a few miles before you stop, but I'm not that disciplined. It sort of defeats the idea of having an automatic system!
One of the few weak spots of the Focus is its heating and ventilating. It's the worst modern car I've had for misting up. There is a TSB to improve things, but others have said here that it makes little difference.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.