about the Focus wagon

I am looking into a new Focus wagon, but I ran accross 2 nice low mile wagons, one is a 2000 model SE with 30K miles $8400 and a 2002 SES with

40K for $10,000 both are automatic trans, AC the SES has 16" tires which I am not crazy about due to the cost of replacing them. are either the 2000 or the 2002 noted for any headaches & problems any comments what kind of fuel mileage is expected from either

thanks Chet

Reply to
chet

We've got a '00 SE with auto (that we bought a year ago) and have been fairly happy with it. The tranny tends to hunt a bit and is slow to kick down unless you really stomp on it. The (highway) gas mileage isn't as good as I expected. I've seen 31 mpg a couple of times (which was great!) but it usually runs closer to 26-27 mpg. Way better than my V-10 truck, but I thought we'd be seeing 30+ mpg routinely.

I'd certainly consider buying another one though.

Matt '00 Focus Wagon

Reply to
Matt Mead

2000 Ford Focus
2002 Ford Focus
Consumer Reports rates the 2000 as worse than average and the 2002 as average reliability.

Look up the average retail price:

City / Highway mileage is about 25 / 30 mpg for an automatic.

-- Don

Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are much more pliable. ~ Mark Twain

Reply to
Don McC

Sounds like the 2002 would be the better buy. The bugs were mainly worked out by that time. You always have the option of getting 15 inch steel wheels when it's time to get new tires. I get about the mileage given in the official estimates (see Edmunds) on my 2000 wagon.

Reply to
Dave Gower

I believe most people would advise in favour for the 16 valve Zetec engine before the 8 valve SPI engine, that is considered slow and sluggish, if your choises involve those. /per

"chet" skrev i meddelandet news:kLoTe.229$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.epix.net...

Reply to
per