accelerator pedal stuck

I have an 05 Focus ZX4. A few days ago I noticed that when I get in to start the cold car, the accelerator pedal is stuck. It will not depress. I found the place where the cable from the pedal enters a
black plastic housing at the driver-side front of the engine. A second cable also enters this black plastic housing. It looks like it may be for the cruise control, but I don't know for sure. On the accelerator cable sheath, there is a twist fitting that connects the sheath to the plastic housing. If I uncouple the twist fitting, I can see the accelerator cable, and when I pull on that cable, the engine accelerates. That usually clears the stuck peddle until the engine is cold again.
Has anyone seen anything like this before?
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

I have had the same problem on my 2003 Focus ZX3 and posted about it a couple weeks ago.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.autos.ford.focus/browse_frm/thread/aa1d281e1b6b64e0/e41a26cce3f3c088?q press&rnum=1#e41a26cce3f3c088
I had it "fixed" once when the dealer replaced the throttle cable. Didn't have any more problems for about 1.5/2 years. The new recurrences have been really sporadic (I live in Los Angeles now so the mornings are a lot less cold that Boston).