Ading air conditioning in 2001 Focus

Is it possible to add air conditioning in to 2001 Ford Focus? I thought to maybe buy from crashed focus all the staff and install in my car? Is that possible? I have some mechanical knowledge but...

Car is great but as days become hotter it is hard to enjoy driving in a souna like focus is...

Reply to
Luka

Better to sell the car you have, and buy one with air conditioning.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Well unfortunately it is not that easy to sell a car without air conditioning these days...

Reply to
Luka

A lot easier than trying to fit it to a Focus without it though :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

You bought it in the first place!!

Foci with a/c have a completely different rad fan assembly, and interior wiring, as well as a different ECU. (ecu controls a/c)

As Chris said, sell it, and buy one with a/c.

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..

Thanks to all for the info... If ECU controls the a/c and if that means that I have to change/reprogram ecu to install a/c and without that I have issues with a/c coolant gas and all the wirings ... Well you were right I'll sell my Focus and try to find one with a/c

Btw. Is anyone? interested in buying 2001 Focus 1.4 silver dust metalic in perfect condition wo a/c ;-) driven on the coast (no snow or road salt) in Croatia.

Reply to
Luka

In message , Luka writes

A 1.4 with aircon would be painfully slow anyway. If you do sell it and buy another Focus with a/c then go for a larger engine.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I would thnk it would stop moving completely everytime the compressor cut in actually!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

In message , Tim.. writes

My wife once had a/c on a 1.3 Ka. I used to call it the emergency brake!

Reply to
Paul Giverin

In message , Paul Giverin wrote

I have A/C on my UK 1.6 focus and often have to turn it off if I want to join heavy traffic at a junction or on a roundabout (turnpike). Pulling away with the A/C on is like pulling away with the hand-brake on :(

Reply to
Alan

Strangely, my sister has a Ka Collection with a/c, and although you can feel it cutting in and out, it doesnt slow the car much unless you are laden and over 60mph in which case it does struggle to gain any speed!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Once again highlighting the 1.6's stupidly tall gearing and lack of really low down torque.

However, all Foci run a different fuelling/ignition strategy with the a/c on (why?!) which is set up to reduce power at lower revs, further accentuating the problem. A quick Bluefin session soon sorts this however.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

In alt.autos.ford.focus Paul Giverin :

LOL

I can imagine, once had a Ka for a day from my Ford Dealer, on some highway driveway it seemed you should get out and push to get it going. It used more fuel then my 2l Focus on the same way, presuming as it had only two throttle positions. Idle and full anything else wasn't worth using. Can't remember if the A/C was turned on or not?

It might reduce acceleration slightly with the Focus, though I had the highest Vmax readings, according to GPS with A/C turned on. Though I have just tried a few times with GPS, the speedo is a joke and stops climbing while the revs will still go up.

Reply to
Michael Heiming