Aftermarket Rear Seat Headrests for a 2002 Ford Focus ZTW wagon

Has anyone added rear seat headrests to a ford focus wagon aftermarket? I have two kids in booster seats and the booster seat instructions say that a headrest is required My 2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon does not have rear seat headrests and I would like to add them somehow.

I spoke with the parts department at my local Ford dealership and they said they would have to order the entire rear seat assembly at a cost of around $2000. I am looking for a less expensive alternative.

It seems that the Canadian and European versions of the same car have rear seat headrests, I guess Ford didn't think safety was important to US consumers.

Any ideas/experiences would be appreciated.

Thank-you!

Reply to
beavemeister

I have '03 and '04 SE Focus Wagons that I use for work. The rear seat profile is as high as the front seats with the headrest extended. The Canadian ones that I've seen do have an adjustable headrest which might make it easier to fold the seats. I get lazy at times and don't move the front seats fully forward before folding the rear seat down and often thought if the right set came along I would snag them for myself but that hasn't happened yet. Other than used (and rare here in the States) the only option you might have is the dealer.

Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill