Air con not blowing ice cold

my air con isn't blowing ice cold ... had a new air con rad fitted about 18 months ago at ford under warrenty and it was fine .... just seems to have
happened ????
adrian simmonds schrieb:

just test the temperature of the air comming out the AC. It should be about +4 to +7 degrees celsius when it is about 20 degrees outside the car. bye Jupp
On Sun, 15 May 2005 18:43:29 GMT, "adrian simmonds"

Sounds like you have a freon (or whatever the new stuff is called) leak. If Ford had to drain the freon when they made the repair, it's likely they are the cause of the leak. Or your system has just lost enough over time that it is due a recharge. (It happens.)
You can take it in and have a leak check done and if one is found, can have it fixed. Or you can buy the supplies yourself at a auto parts store or Wal Mart type place and give it a shot yourself. It's much cheaper to do it yourself if you just need a recharge. If it has a significant leak though, you are better off letting the professionals do it.
Matt Focus owner
"adrian simmonds" wrote: > my air con isn't blowing ice cold ... had a new air con rad > fitted about 18 > months ago at ford under warrenty and it was fine .... just > seems to have > happened ????
I see that this is related to the Focus. I have a Mondeo and have just had the unit re-gassed and it still does not blow cold! The garage have said that there are no leaks so what can it be? :(

First check the condensor fan(s) are running and not seized, and that its not blocked with dead flies / leaves etc.
With the a/c running the condensor should be hot to the touch. If not, then the compressor is not engaged / not pumping the gas through the system.
Tim..
I have a similar problem and had it checked out, turned out to be a leaky compressor. Repair shop wanted to charge $350 just for the install, so I just bought the part from the local auto parts store for $80 and will have a friend install and do the recharge of it.

"Patrick" wrote: > I have a similar problem and had it checked out, turned out to > be a leaky > compressor. Repair shop wanted to charge $350 just for the > install, so I > just bought the part from the local auto parts store for $80 > and will have a > friend install and do the recharge of it. > >
> > &nbsp;>> "adrian simmonds" wrote: > &nbsp;&nbsp;>> > my air con isn't blowing ice cold ... had a > new air con rad > &nbsp;&nbsp;>> > fitted about 18 > &nbsp;&nbsp;>> > months ago at ford under warrenty and it was > fine .... just > &nbsp;&nbsp;>> > seems to have > &nbsp;&nbsp;>> > happened ???? > &nbsp;>> > &nbsp;>> I see that this is related to the Focus. I have a > Mondeo and have just > &nbsp;>> had the unit re-gassed and it still does not blow > cold! The garage > &nbsp;>> have said that there are no leaks so what can it be? > :( > > > > First check the condensor fan(s) are running and not seized, > and that its > > not blocked with dead flies / leaves etc. > > > > With the a/c running the condensor should be hot to the > touch. If not, > > then > > the compressor is not engaged / not pumping the gas through > the system. > > > > Tim.. > > > >
Thanks for that info. I wwill have this checked out and hope that its not the compressor!!