Air Conditioner

My 2001 ZTS A/C is leaking somewhere and I can't find any evidence of the leak, It will leak down to the point where the compressor cycles, I add a can of R134a and it lasts for a few weeks. Is there any common problem area
that someone may be aware of, seals, hoses etc.. Something cheaper than taking it in, I have access to a vacuum pump and gauges etc. Just looking for a place to start since it is not obvious. Thanks Tom

I don't know if the stuff is available to the end user but when mine started leaking the dealer has some sort of dye they inject into the system that shows up under UV light so it makes it easier to trace the leak. No idea what it's called but maybe if you ask a friendly tech maybe he can help there.
Tom wrote:

Where is the fill point to add refrigerant?
--

Stu

A frequently asked question!
It is "hidden" on top of the accumulator which is near the front right wheel well.

IMHO: If a person has to ask, they are not qualified to do such an operation. Be safe, don't guess when working around a running engine and compressed cryogenic gases.
Just saying.....
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com
The Real Tom wrote:

Thank you for concern.
I've not been trained on the procedure of filling an A/C system, but having done it on several cars, including older R12 systems where the fill connector would fit both the high and low pressure sides, I can understand your concern for the unqualified person's safety.
In other words, I know how to do it. I just could not find the accumulator and the fill port. The piping runs through the wheel well area, and is not visible without removing the splash guard in the wheel well. I was more lazy in that I didn't want to go taking the car apart to locate it, when I could just ask someone who has done it before.
--

Stu