Air Conditioner Smells

Hi, My Focus releases this burning smell that comes from the vent. I heard about problems with the A/C and moisture that builds up, creating this smell. I was wondering if anyone had advice for the smell, or
better yet, if there are solutions to preventing this problem or if there are possibilites of damage. Thank you...

Are you sure it is a burning smell? When air conditioners are not used for a while bacteria builds up if the heat exchanger. The smell is bad. The trick is to spray a bacteria killer into the vents on your hood. Here in canada we can buy it at Canadian tire. I you don't live here(I feeel sorry for you LOL.) Use any antibacterial spray. You REALLY should do this as you can get sick from dirty air conditioners. (Have you hears of legionaires desease?