Air conditioning fault or feature (UK model)

Hi I don´t have this problem- I´ve got a german one- but I remember a posting perhaps a month ago pointing out this behavior as a feature, not a failure. bye Joe

Reply to
Josef Erbs

This is correct on newer Focii.

He also

I don't know if this is the case or not, but it could well be

Feature

Reply to
Chris

In message , snipped-for-privacy@halifax.ac.uk wrote

The garage was obviously short of work.

Correct. The AC is automatically switched on when the knob is turned to windscreen only as stated in the owners manual

Remember to not to take your car back to the same garage or else you may find yourself paying to have perfectly serviceable AC components replaced.

Reply to
Alan

Hi

I recently had my Focus MOT 'd and the mechanic at the garage pointed out that my air conditioning was running ALL the time!! He turned off the Fan and after a few seconds the air conditioning turned off also!!

He said this was a fault and that I should get it looked at ASAP!!

My son works with a guy who also owns a Focus and he says it is NOT a fault! He says that when the air flow knob is to windscreen ONLY (my standard position) and the fan motor is turned ON the air conditioning unit is turned ON so as to clear the windscreen rapidly!! He also states that if the fan speed knob is turned up to say three or four for a minute or so then back down to one, the air conditioning WILL turn OFF!!

I don't own a manual for the car so I cannot verify this!!

If anyone knows of this I would love to know if it IS a fault or a feature??

P.S. the car is 1800 Ghia petrol

Thanks in advance

Reply to
fred