air conditoner in 2004 focus stwn zwt

Hello....just got a brand new focus...used the airco for the first time ...nice but I noticed a great powerloss and some hestitaions in the car when accelerating ( almost like you applied the brake lightly....) anyone got
the same expierence??? Thanks John Folkers Vancouver Canada
Sure. I've found the same thing with my SE wagon.
Rob
"John Folkers" wrote ...

I have 2004 ZTS and I don't notice any power loss with the AC on. I used to have a Toyota Corolla and it would slow down considerably with the AC on. So, perhaps my perspective has been permanently jaundiced by having driven the rice-mobile previously, my Focus seems to be a much faster, better handling, and much more comfortable car. I don't mean to sound like a commercial--have you checked with your dealer to see if the power loss sensation is adjustable or anything like that? On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 22:53:21 GMT, "John Folkers"

my 2003 ZTW does the same thing
on the highway the power drain is less because of the higher rpm but in the city the drain is irritating, car feels sluggish I've also noticed the brakes have a spongy feel when the a/c in on
fuel economy sucks big time on automatic ZTW wagon, I'm averging 12 litres/ 100km MF dealer says it normal....

Hi Jim...no way that that millage is acceptable...should be 8liters for 100 km in town and 6liters for 100 km on freeway......my new 2004 is not anywhere close to it but your car is way out ...........John

Likewise, I managed to average just under 8.0 in a rental 2.0 last year with a lot of relatively spirited backroad driving mixed with motorway driving in Canada.
I really don't notice when the AC compressor is on, but I have the benefit of the big fat torque bubble of a turbodiesel in my (Swiss) Focus wagon.
Stephen