air conditoner in 2004 focus stwn zwt

Hello....just got a brand new focus...used the airco for the first time ...nice but I noticed a great powerloss and some hestitaions in the car when accelerating ( almost like you applied the brake lightly....) anyone got the same expierence??? Thanks John Folkers Vancouver Canada

Reply to
John Folkers

Sure. I've found the same thing with my SE wagon.

Rob

---------------

"John Folkers" wrote ...

Reply to
Basic Wedge

Reply to
2stupid

my 2003 ZTW does the same thing

on the highway the power drain is less because of the higher rpm but in the city the drain is irritating, car feels sluggish I've also noticed the brakes have a spongy feel when the a/c in on

fuel economy sucks big time on automatic ZTW wagon, I'm averging 12 litres/

100km MF dealer says it normal....

Reply to
JimZTW

Reply to
John Folkers

Likewise, I managed to average just under 8.0 in a rental 2.0 last year with a lot of relatively spirited backroad driving mixed with motorway driving in Canada.

I really don't notice when the AC compressor is on, but I have the benefit of the big fat torque bubble of a turbodiesel in my (Swiss) Focus wagon.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Ferguson