Air Flow Meter Mod - Questions

I have just bought an Air Flow Meter Mod from Ebay. It's a simple resistor that fits to a break in one of the AFM split wires.
Does anyone know of any adverse effects this can have on the car?
Does it effect the MPG?
Does it invalidate insurance?
They say it is easy to remove for servicing/warranty jobs but......
Does it need to be removed for standard Ford servicing? Is the AFM ever opened?
Is it not obvious when removed as surely the wire is just twist connected and covered in insulating tape?
Thanks in advance for any help
Daz

Hi daz
What is it supposed to do. Seems to me you have brought something without researching it properly. Isn't it a bit late to be asking these questions "after" you brought it?
Regards
Andy Lee
--

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.

Andy Lee wrote:

--
cut along the dotted line to reply

Cheers, It was 99p!!! Just a few queries before fitting....it is supposed to increase bhp by about 20%

question.
--
Paul Giverin

It sound believable to me :) If someone could post the details to this group we could all have a 20 percent power boost but it would only cost a few pence (cents) for the resistor and perhaps a few more pence (cents) for a spade terminal or two.
--
Alan
Does seem a bit too good but I have read the affirmations and it does work!

Being honest I had heard about a similar mod for diesels. Apart from the normal caveats on running an engine too rich (premature cylinder wear due to washing the oil from the walls and generally clagging the exhaust systems oh and failing the MOT test if you keep the car that long I can't see many problems I presume the OP is not bothered too much about fuel economy either.
Regards
Andy Lee
--

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.