Air Flow Sensor

I posted about the 2000 Focus losing power and stalling. I also stated that once I unplugged the Air Flow Sensor, I could at least drive it home. I thought that after I changed the air filter, it
would solve the problem, but it didn't. Could the Air Flow Sensor have gone bad? Autozone doesn't even have them. Would it hurt to drive the car with the sensor unplugged to a Ford dealer? Any ideas, again, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

No it will not harm the car to be driven a reasonable distance at a reduced speed to the dealer, as the ECU is clever enough to "guess" fairly accurately the value it thinks it should receive from the air mass sensor.
Tim..
I've found out that the only way to get a Mass Air flow sensor is to special order it from the Ford dealer, and they want $140.00 up-front before they will order it. My daughter has a 2002 Focus with the same engine, and everything looks the same. My question is: Can I swap them out to see if it will work before I order something that may not be the problem? If I swap them out, would it be smart to disconnet the ground cable on the battery, so I don't damage the good sensor? Again, Thanks.