aircon recharging

what's the average time before recharging? my focus aircon doesn't seem as cool as it use to be

speaking of a/c where is the refill port on a 2000 focus wagon SE US model. the a/c is low and I cannot find the refill port like I can on my other trucks. by the way I have the correct gauges to measure the pressure just need to know where is the fill port. cannot seem to find it thanks

My air con gave up a little under 4 years old. "Fixed" by Dovercourt in Chelmsford UK but has now given up again after 10 months. I run the air con every month.
Neither Ford nor the dealer in this area are much good at getting things right so I will be getting rid of my Focus soon and going for something reliable. Obviously not a Ford.

as

Ford probably buy in air con units and the same one is probably fitted to many makes of car.
--
Alan
On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 08:21:38 +0100, "Hugh" <x-directory> wrote:
:>My air con gave up a little under 4 years old. "Fixed" by Dovercourt in :>Chelmsford UK but has now given up again after 10 months. :>I run the air con every month. :> :>Neither Ford nor the dealer in this area are much good at getting things :>right so I will be getting rid of my Focus soon and going for something :>reliable. Obviously not a Ford.
Let's talk about Ford air conditioning reliability. In the last 14 years I've owned 2 Escorts and 2 Focuses. My brother has owned 2 Escorts and a Focus. One of my sisters has owned 2 Tauruses. Another sister has owned 2 Escorts. My parents have owned 1 Escort and 1 Focus. Currently I'm driving an 04 SVT Focus ZX5, my brother is driving an 02 Focus ZX5, one sister is driving a 99 Taurus SE, the other sister is driving a 94 Escort SE Wagon and my parents are driving an 01 Focus SE Wagon. Not a single one of those cars has ever had any air conditioning problems. In fact none of them have ever even had to have freon added.
BTW, we all live in the Metro Phoenix, Arizona area. You know, that place where we usually have around 4+ months every summer with the temperature in triple digits (100 degrees and over) just about every day and quite a few days where it goes over 110. We've even broke into the 120's a few times in recent years. We haven't had our first 100 degree day yet this year but we've hit 99 a couple of times already, the first time back in early March.
So I would have to say your situation is not typical and as noted by another poster the same thing is as likely to happen or not happen no matter what brand of car you buy.
OTG
The low side port is on the accumulator, behind the bumper, in front of the right front wheel. BB

as
thank you thank you

seem