another Focus with stalling problem

I've got a 2000 Focus Combi with 100k Km. Its always stalled and jumped a bit , but its recently got worse following a regular oil change.
I've been reading alot of references to a fuel filter problem , or fuel
pump problem or injector problem or.....
There seems to have been an investigation and perhaps a recall.
My local Ford garage (in Dresden Germany) has never heard about these problems. He shakes his head ans tells me they shouldnt have put such a small engine in....right...thanks for the help.
Can anyone point me to some definite information so I can shove it under his nose and tell him to get on with it.
Any help would be appreciated.