Another New Focus Question

Got my 04' ZX3 2 weeks ago. Only about 400 miles on it. I have a question on the clutch. I find that when I upshift, it takes some conscious effort to get a smooth transition to the next gear. I have
to let up the clutch "just right" to avoid any lurch of the car. My previous car had a cable controlled clutch so perhaps the hydraulic clutch is just something to get used to.
That aside, I love the car!!! It's my first time buying a new car that had no issues to be fixed.
04' Focus ZX3