Anti-Freeze

What commercially-available antifreeze can be used in my 2001 2.0L Zetec-engined Focus? Is standard Prestone, etc. OK, or is some special stuff required?

--- Tom

Reply to
Tom McCullough

With today's drivetrains, it is important to follow the recommendation in the owner's manual. Your dealer can also advise.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Tom,

If your car now has the green stuff in it (my '01 Zetec does), then Prestone or other standard ethylene glycol-based coolant is fine. The issue is not mixing it with with the long-life slicate-free coolants (orange, red, etc).

Gary

Reply to
Gary

The owner's manual will tell you.