Aux

I have a 05 ZX4. I am having difficulties with the entertainment unit.
Firstly, I can't make it read a MP3 CD. It has been suggested to me that putting all the tunes in the root is what's giving me the "bad CD"
message. Anyone know if that's true?
Secondly, how on earth do I do anything with the "aux"? I would love to connect a 2G jump drive via USB, or some other connection type, but I can't figure out how.
unknown wrote:

I'm not a computer whiz, but whenever I copy MP3 files to a CD, they're individual files, and not lumped under a master file name. Don't know if that helps or is even remotely connected to what you're asking, but they work on my 2004 ZX5 that way.
John
JPH wrote:

No, I don't have them in a gross file, just in the root of the media.

CD or DVD media? It will probably not play MP3s on a DVD disk.
--
Alan
Alan wrote:

unknown wrote:

Does another CD/MP3 player (other than the one on your computer) read the disc you made? What software are you using to create the disc? You can't just copy the MP3 files to a CD, you MUST have a software program that puts the MP3 files on a disc in the format that a CD/MP3 player can read.
If that is not the problem I would suggest that you try different media. Some CD/MP3 players read some brands of media better than others. I have been using Optimum brand 48x discs and my 6 disc changer and it has not had a problem reading any of them. I put about 225 songs on each disc (over 10 hours) so I have over 60 hours of MY favorite music available in my player.
As for your question on the use of the "aux" input, I would like to know the answer to that too.
--
Bill R

Remove "not_for_spam_" to reply by e-mail
Bill R wrote:

Yes they play on other players. I'm going to borrow one made on another PC & try it. I use Nero, I didn't think there was a better tool for this.
Nobody seems to know how to use the AUX :(
unknown wrote:

i have the same car, same radio and i burned numerous mp3 cd with nero and never had an issue with playing cds on it. i also put all the songs in the root directory.
does the cd play any cd at all (audio or mp3)? did you put a label on the cd, if so the manually tells you nor to put paper labels on home made cds.
if it will help. shoot an email to me privately and ill tell you how i burn them to see if this may help you out. theres no magic to what i do.
have you tried posting your question/issue the one of the cd news groups?
bob brozewicz
bob brozewicz wrote:

I never put labels on. The player plays Music CDs fine, just not MP3 CDs. No I haven't tried other groups yet. There can't be much of a trick, unless you're talking about burning at a speed lower than the writer's max, like at 24x instead of 48x. I have tried that already :)
unknown wrote:

The Aux is for line level audio. Possible sources: earphone jack on whatever or the ever present iPod.
FanJet wrote:

Where's the input?
unknown wrote:

Isn't here a visible pin jack female somewhere?
FanJet wrote:

34 years).
Could be the sampling rate being too high or an issue using Variable BitRate MP3's. My older 2003 Blaupunkt model has no problem reading 192 Kbs MP3 Constant BitRate on CD-R's but no luck with CD-RW's.
The Aug input is, I believe, accessed via the rear of the radio.
Timothy wrote:

Discussion is now over on the MP3 question. The unit simply won't play them, no-how no-where. The specific player can't.
Thanks for the info on the AUX, I shall look for it tomorrow.
unknown wrote:

If the player plays CD discs but won't play MP3 discs it is likely not a player problem. Have you had someone else create a MP3 disc for you (using a different software package than you are using)? I know someone that had the exact same problem you had (not in their car though). He swore it was the MP3 player but when I made a disc for him (using NTI CD/MP3/DVD maker) it played fine.
--
Bill R

Remove "not_for_spam_" to reply by e-mail
Bill R wrote:

I am convinced this unit will not play MP3's. I have now had the "Bad CD" message on MP3 CD's originating from 3 different sources.
unknown wrote:

I was looking at the manual for my '05 Focus last night and saw that only some '05s come with the MP3 player (I thought it was standard on ALL '05s). If your CD player does not have the MP3 logo (directly below where you put the disc in) your player can only play CDs. Does yours have the MP3 logo? If it does (and will not play them), take it back to the dealer and have them look into the problem.
--
Bill R

Remove "notforspam" to reply by e-mail
Bill R wrote:

Nope, no logo. I also thought all 05's were thus enabled. Looks like it's time to look at an after-market player :)