battery draining problem

my hubby has got a 2004 focus tdci 1.8 ghia it is left for two weeks at a time ,but when he comes home it will not start, the battery is totally discharged .we had a auto elctrician look at
it but nothing obvious was showing . it is left with the the alarm on so not sure it that would drain the battery after two weeks .any ideas ?????
bambi1001 wrote:

If the electrician has checked that the current drain is within limits, and the charging circuit is working properly then that really only leaves the battery.
Is it the original? If so, it would be worth getting it tested. If it is regularly left in a state of low charge, it won't last as long as one that is used all the time.
Modern cars do drain the battery a lot when not used. Some, but not the Focus, shut things like the alarm circuit down after a few days to save the battery. I would expect it to be OK for a fortnight however.
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.