Battery Recommendation?

UK 2002 Focus 1.8 TDCi.

Has a silver calcium battery fitted. Does anyone have any particular recommendations for brands for a replacement, besides the normal Ford one. I endeavour to give my local Ford dealers as little business as possible, as they're appaling and over priced.

Will any brand of silver calcium type battery do?

Many thanks,

Gary.

Reply to
Gary

yeah 590 amp. but the question is why do need a battery?

is it charging? a drain somewhere?

Reply to
ford_technical_

It's over four years old now, and beginning to go downhill I think. The green indicator light on it has been out for ages now, and in cold weather or after sitting for a few days, it's a bit hesitant to start, and I do motorway and cross country runs almost exclusively - 20 to 30 mile trips each way, so it shouldnt be suffering from lack of charging. I know everything else in the car is alright.

Basically, there are situations where I can't afford a non-operational car, so I want to replace it before it becomes a problem, rather than being inconvenienced some day when it finally fails, even if this means replacing it some months early.

Ford dealer was asking £84 for a battery and another £32 to fit it if desired!!! An independant has quoted me £40 for a Moura Silver Alloy (067) battery. I've also seen Varta ones. If it does need a Ford one specifically for reliability purposes, then I don't have a problem paying for it, it's just if the others are just as good, then I'm certainly not letting the dealer stick the arm in.

Gary.

Reply to
Gary

i work in a main ford dealer and i read some paperwork that fitting a none silver/calcium may cause charging problems £84 sounds about right for a battery for your model if it was me tho i would find a cheaper one

Reply to
ford_technical_

For the benefit of anyone Googling about batteries at a later date, I got a Varta Blue Dynamic (Silver Calcium) battery 570 144 064 E9 067 for £50 from a local Motor Factors.

Same dimensions as the original, but better capacity and power delivery.

70AH and 640A.

Gary.

Reply to
Gary