best cruise control option?

Well I'm now the proud owner of a 2003 Ford Focus SE Wagon. Really enjoying the car so far (in the 12 hours I've had it), but one concession I had to make to get a good deal on it was no cruise control. I've seen various postings on options for adding cruise to the vehicle -- any testimonials from others who have done it? Did you go to a dealer, a 3rd party, or do it yourself? How difficult is installation for a novice?

Cruise control is important for me with all the road trips that my girlfriend and I take, but then again I'm somewhat strapped for cash. So if there's a quality way to do this on the cheap, it would be great. Yet again though don't want to trash my new baby!

Thanks a lot!

Nick

Reply to
nick.youphoric

I've had one of these

my car for 7 years now. Easy to fit if you can find your way roundmechanics and car electrics.I had quite a lot of trouble to buy it in UK but sounds like you are on theother side of the pond so you should not have a problem. Bob

in UK

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Try Bones Enterprises on E-bay they have an OEM kit for a focus with a Zetec engine at present. Though they do auction other engine models. Bought mine from then 5 years ago fitted on a 2001 focus easy to fit it being an OEM ford kit. Member No bonesenterprises (17576

Reply to
peter.holland4