Bought used Focus - tires reversed

I bought a used 2000 Focus ZX3 from a dealer about a week ago and two of the unidirectional tires (left front and right rear) - Goodyear Eagle RS-As were reversed.
I had the car aligned at a Goodyear Tire Outlet - Coast Tire, here in Nova Scotia and they told me that I got the two tires turned around just in time to avoid serious wear. Shouldn't a dealer know that the unidirectional tires were reversed? Should I approach the dealer?
Ron
As the problem was caught before any damage occurred, I would let it slide.
Rob
-----------------------------
"Rockin Ronnie" wrote ...

RS-As
time
tires
In alt.autos.ford.focus, on the "Re: Bought used Focus - tires reversed" thread, Specter wrote:

This problem (unidirectional tires mounted in the wrong direction) came up on "Car Talk with Click and Clack" recently. Their opinion was that running such a tire backward didn't cause more damage than running it forward. You wouldn't get optimal wet traction, but the tire shouldn't have a blowout or anything of that nature.
--
Benjamin Robinson snipped-for-privacy@freenet.tlh.fl.us
This message may or may not contain sarcastic content; your burden to decide
Specter wrote:

slide.
running
You
or
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 02:33:55 GMT, "Rockin Ronnie"

Just simple questions for you -- why did you need an alignment after only having the car a week?
Did putting the tires on the right direction have a different feel to them from when you test drove the car? Ie. pulling to the left or right while braking or accelerating or a weird sense when cornering?
BTW, I would take the bill back to the dealer ASAP and get him to pay for it, even used cars have a dealer warranty (90 days???).
Tirerack.com did a test on unidirectional tires mounted in the wrong direction recently.. I got the results of the test in their e-newsletter. Much to my surprise the test results showed that the performance differences experienced in running a unidirectional tire backwards may be a bit over blown... You can sign up for their newsletter at www.tirerack.com Steve

RS-As
time
tires