Brake light comes on sometimes.

The red brake fault light comes on sometimes while driving, once on, it stays on until I stop the car turn off the engine and then restart the engine sometimes it will stay off and sometimes it will come back on.
I have checked the hand brake operation and it will operate the light normally (when it is off) and I have checked the brake fluid level and the switch which operates normal. As far as I know the parking brake and the brake fluid level are the only two things that should operate the light. Any ideas ????
Tom. It could be anything from a faulty sensor to a legitimate warning about an impending problem. If it were my car, I'd have a qualified brake mechanic look at it.
Rob
"Tom Kirkpatrick" wrote ...

Yes, Get a Priest, your car is obviously haunted.

A priest? What a thing to suggest to a Scottish Presbyterian!. I have sprinkled a wee drap O the 100 % proof on the car ( a awfy we drap) and it didny do anything, I have tried drinking a wee drap, 'well a little more than a we drap' that did the trick, didny do ocht for the cor but did make me feel grand. Hail the barley corn.

I say old boy it would appear that you may well be somewhat intoxicated.

I say laddie, it's the only way to drive a Ford Focus.

AbsoBloodyLutly 80)