Broken Antenna!!!

Hey eveyone. I need to know if it's possible to replace the whole antenna mount on a 2003 SE focus. I was washing my car this past weekend and the brush caught on my stubbie antenna and cracked it. Now only half of the scew
piece is visible so I need to replace the whole part. Any information on this would be appreciated. Thanks fellas!!!
--
-AOKFocus03

scew
Here's hoping the link doesn't get broken. http://www.parts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid !3787&chapter=DR2JK00&appSectionid$13&groupid$30&subgroupid$33&make&model=Focus&year 03&catalogid=2
if it does, work your way down in the Electrical section of http://www.parts.com/ the parts is just over $6.00.
Happy modeming, Bill
for future reference http://www.makeashorterlink.com/index.php
http://makeashorterlink.com/?L19D51F68

scew
I have the same problem. The Ford dealer told me that to install the part I would need to remove the headliner at least partially so that I could get the the bottom of the antenna mount. Is this true? Ford wants $180 to replace the antenns mount, including tax and the part.
Will a body shop be able to do this cheaper?
Maybe Ford will fix this under warranty ?
mikeyman wrote:

remove the inside light, remove one T25 (IIRC) and you can remove the plastic mount for the light, then remove the screw holding the antenna mount from underneath, you may need 2 people to put it back on unless you have a sunroof.
Thanks - I think I'll try that. It would surely save me a lot of money. Is it hard to make sure that it is sealed up so no water can leak into the car?
Thanks - I think I'll try that. It would surely save me a lot of money. Is it hard to make sure that it is sealed up so no water can leak into the car?
Be VERY careful of the plastic bezel surrounding the ceiling light - it is very brittle and will crack from minimal pressure. The good news is that the bezel is only like 7 dollars. Barry

mikeyman wrote:

IIRC there's a rubber grommet that it sits on so sealing it shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks for all the advice!!
I am going to do the work this weekend. Ford quoted me $180 (inc. part and tax) to do the job, so I am really grateful for the money-saving advice.
I'll post again to let you know how it went.
Thanks!
I replaced the antenna mount on Sunday. I had a friend help me and it was very easy and only took about 10 minutes.
That dealer who quoted me $180 to do this work was obviously ust trying to rip me off.
Thanks for all the advice - it saved me from going to the dealer!!