Broken Front Springs. Is this considered a recall item?

I suspect I may have the broken springs issue with my 2001 Ford Focus. I contacted the Ford Website and they listed no recall items for my Vin #. My focus has 55,000 miles on it and thus the warrenty has expired.
Reading some of the other postings on broken front springs and Ford replacing them for free is giving me hope, but can anybody shed any light on why this was not listed as a recall item? Also, if it is not a recall item, what would it be considered? I am not happy with the fact that Ford can't even publish this information on their website. Can anybody shed any light on this subject?
focusowner23 wrote:

Just got my 2001 Focus ZTS back from the local dealer (they were doing recall work on the door latches) and was informed that I had a broken spring. Unfortunately for me as my Focus has over 200,000 miles on it the springs were no longer covered. I was told that Ford has a warranty on the springs up to 150k miles...but I haven't confirmed this. You may want to check this out.

Yes, there is an extended on the springs, 10 years/150k miles. I just had mine replaced at 40k. I think my right front spring has been broken for two years and I didn't know it.