broken handbrake cable

ford focus 1.8 zetec S reg.
Im a lady driver and wen I pull on the handbrake nothing happens. The local fitter said it'll cost 70 quid labour + parts. Can my hubby fix it ? Where
if he could, would we get the parts ?
Carly

If he doesn't know if he can fix it (nor where to source whatever components he may need) then I am going to suggest that probably he cant...