Buying a focus

Hi All,
I am seriously considering buying a Focus having driven Peugeots for the last, well, donkey's years.
I am thinking of an '07 Zetec Climate, they can be picked up for around
9,500. I know not a lot about cars, having had them handed to me on a plate through various companies.
Someone has told me to avoid the Zetec engine as if anything goes wrong with them the entire engine has to be replaced, as it is a sealed unit. Surely this must be wrong?
I would also appreciate any advice on buying a second-hand Focus, best model types, what to look for, reliability of Zetec over the 1400 LX, etc.
TIA,
Neil.

Not strictly true - there is, or perhaps was, a possible condition on them whereby a Bit was actually machined in situ in such a way that it could not be accessed if it failed, but it has been so long so I heard about it I cant recall what it actually was ;)
In general I find the Zetec engines to be fairly robust and reliable, and pretty easy to fix if they do go wrong.
writes

and only on the 1.4 and 1.6 zetec SE engines.

--
Paul Giverin

British Jet Engine Website:- www.britjet.co.uk