buying a focus

Hello, I'm considering buying a second hand focus (2000), 1.6 litre 16V. It's that or a 1.6 or 1.9TDI golf, is the old ford reputation of (F)OUND (O)N a (R)USSIAN (D)UMP still true or will I genuinely like this car? and be proud saying I drive a Ford Focus?, i've heard about the handling, reliability would be my only issue. Comments really appreciated.

Alan

Reply to
almonza

If you are set on buying a Focus, I would urge you to buy a later model. In the states, the 2000 had and has lots of problems but the later models seem to have fixed most of them. It looks like you are in Ireland so maybe the European 2000s fared better. Anyhow, my Focus (2000) is a nice little car for the money and fun to drive but it has had like seven recalls and lots of problems. jor

Reply to
jor

I won a Ford Focus 2000 SE and it sucks. It has 33345 miles on it and I have had to have the fuel delivery module replaced and I still have problems getting the car started in the winter. the battery, alternator, starter and belt all have been reported as good.

Reply to
Chomper37