buying second hand focus

looking at buying a focus between 4 - 6 years old. is the anything particular to look for when i view the cars? were there any recalls that should have been done ? seen a six year old diesel for sale with 33k on the clock are the diesels good engines?

Reply to
Paul

If your looking in the US don't get a 2000 model, their lemons on wheel.

Reply to
Patrick

He must be in Europe, as diesels aren't offered in America.

To the original poster, 33km on a 6 year old car? I'd be a little suspicious. The 6 year old diesel is a rather primitive motor. I would try to get yourself into a later TDCi car (2002 model introduction, I think). It is much quieter, smoother, and more powerful.

Reply to
Stephen F.

I'll probably look into a Focus in the US, I was thinking somewhere on the lines of 2001-2002-2003 model. Although price will be the determining factor. Is there any reason statistically to prefer any particular year? I mean as far as problems go, or should I just pick the one that's in the best overall condition, and has the best price?

Reply to
Mikko Peltoniemi