C-Max open car with spare car sets off alarm

Hi,

I am a newbie to this group but have been a Focus owner for the last 3 years, I have just changed my car to a C_MAX 1.6 TDCi.

My old (2002) focus LX did not have an alarm however this car has and I would like to know if any one knows how I can let my Partner use the car with the spare keys?

Currently when she goes out to the car and opens it with her spare key it does not turn off the alarm. There must be some way of doing it or I am sure Ford would have supplied 2 remote key fobs instead of 1.

I dont have my owners hand book at hand (it's at work)

Thanks

Nixey

Reply to
nixey

Hi Nixey, You have to insert the key in the ignition and turn it to position =

11 (2) then the security system will recognise the code in the key and = the alarm won't go off. I can't remember how long you have to do this = but it is something like 47 seconds (don't ask me why 47 seconds).=20 The car also re-locks itself if you open/unlock the car with your remote = and not get in or open a door - also in 47 seconds time. This is just in = case you accidentally unlock the car by pressing the remote. Have never been able to understand why the key must be inserted into the = ignition after unlocking and opening the door. I guess it is because the = car must have the key inserted into the ignition so that it can be = "recognised". I agree, it is a pain. I used to go into town whilst my = wife came back to the car with the supermarket shopping and the alarm = kept going off even though she unlocked the door with her key and it = took me a good while to find out that the key has to be put in the = ignition and turned to position 2. It is in the book but not too easy to = find . I am quoting this from memory because we are having a tropical = rainstorm at the moment and I can't get out to get the manual.=20 Hope this helps Justin

Reply to
Justin Case

Nixey, I used to read this group and there was a tremendous amount of = information and assistance available but I would recommend the Ford = Focus Owners Club forums which are free to use and are excellent and = more detailed than this group - it is also UK based and you don't have = to sift out all the colonial stuff which appears on this group which = doesn't apply to European build cars. Try

and then look for the CMax section. There is a lot of info about the CMax 1.6 TDCi and a section purely for =CMax plus a separate section for diesel engines.=20Give it a go and hope you get as much enjoyment from your CMax 1.6 TDCi =as I have done over the past 7 months or so. I couldn't believe how =improved the ride and handling and performance and versatility was over =my "old" focus which I loved and was very pleased with (my daughter is =still very pleased with the focus)I was very unimpressed with the CMax - until I had a test drive - Wow - =what a great car.........Best of luck, Justin

"nixey" wrote in message = news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Justin Case