C-Max TDCI

I've currently got a 2003 TDCI Focus Zetec and am toying with the idea of getting a CMax, probably the TDCI.
The only thing that puts me off is that a couple of folk have told me that
the handling is a bit suspect in high winds.
Anyone care to comment?
Had my 1.6 TDCi Ghia for about a month now, been out in quite windy weather and never noticed much of a problem but of course, because the side area is much greater than the Focus (which I swapped for the CMax) then with a direct cross wind it would affect it more. I have found that the electric/power steering is extremely accurate and gives great feel and feels good to drive - it also seems to absorb the slight gusts of wind when they come directly from the side. Never had any problems in very wet stormy motorway conditions when passing trucks etc - if anything, even less than the "real" Focus. Have done a couple of thousand miles in last month and a half and would say that not once in that time, driving on both motorway and narrow North Yorkshire Moor and Yorkshire Dales roads, would I ever describe the handling as a bit suspect. It is remarkeably accurate with bags of feel for the road. A great car, much underestimated. I thought it was not worth considering until I had a 15 miles test drive when I was sold immediately on the CMax. I was after the 2 litre TDCi but after test driving the 1.6, I was more than satisfied with the performance. Can see over the hedges and walls now and I have just done a brim to brim measurement and I got 51 mpg (the computer said it was 49.5) so I am well pleased with it overall. Just a couple of minor problems but have a look at the Ford Focus Owners Club (FFOC)site, haven't seen a mention on there of suspect handling in the wind (not that I might have missed it of course) - lots of useful indicators on that site as to whether the owners are pleased or not.
Cheers, Justin

Thanks for the considered write-up Justin - most appreciated. I guess I need to go an speak to Mr Ford!
50+ mpg isn't bad at all. My TDCI does 46ish, but then again I am something of a lapsed boy racer (lead right foot etc).
Cheers again,
Andy M
message