cabin Filter

Well I finally got off my butt and went out to check the cabin filter under the hood of my sons US Ford Focus XZ3. Surprise Surprise. Ford forgot to
put the filter in! I got the case and cover but no filter. I always wondered why in the fall he had crushed up leaves in the passengers floor board. Now I know. Those leaves didn't have a chance when it fell threw the squirrel cage fan. Oh well, off to the parts house...
Add pictures here
βœ–

I believe that no US Focus comes with a cabin filter. Be very careful reinstalling the cover at the base of the windshield or you'll find several inches of water in the passenger-side footwell after a storm.
Craig in Flagstaff
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:59:27 GMT, Craig wrote:

What? Now I΄m beginning to understand why cars are so cheap in US. The don΄t have all the parts installed!?

βœ–
Kjell Harnesk wrote:

I consider the cabin air filter a dealer-installed option. Ford is rather quiet on it.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Where we are the air quality is good enough that the filters aren't necessary.
Bill
Add pictures here
βœ–
My car didn't come with a cabin air filter installed either. I've never felt the need for one, but I did ask the parts guys at my local dealer about them; they said they have sold the odd one, but it's not a frequently sold part (like, say, an ignition switch :)
Rob
Add pictures here
βœ–

The ignition switch seems to be only a US problem. In Europe the switch and the keys are different.
The cabin filter is also called a pollen filter in some countries so if you suffer from hay fever fitting it may be of some benefit. The downside of fitting or changing the filter appears to be if the cover gets damaged or fitted badly water runs down the windscreen, into the cabin air intake, and you end up with a swimming pool in the passenger side footwell.
--
Alan
βœ–

not just used in areas with poor air quality.
The filter is only a $10 part at the most so there's no excuse for fitting one, especially as much more has been spent on designing and manufacturing the filter housing.
--
Paul Giverin

βœ–