Can cruise be retrofitted?

My recently purchased (Oct 03) 2000 ZX3 came with air and a cd player but not cruise. As I use the car for 1 hour highway jaunts, would putting in cruise be a big issue.
I know there are aftermarket cruise controls but they look so "added on". What would be involved in getting factory cruise from a wrecker or getting the dealer to install cruise?
Ron
www.bought4less.com has cruise controls. they even have steering wheel controls as well as added arm types.

the dealership told me 300 for stick cruise, 600 for wheel cruise.. i have a feeling that if you got the stick cruise, and could get the wheel later, you could just add it (but i'm not sure on that)
There is no official Ford 'stick' cruise control - it will be an aftermarket job.
The proper wheel version requires a new airbag clockspring in order to enable the switches on the steering wheel. Its all available as a kit in the USA and shows up on ebay quite often. The kit does not light the cruise indicator on the dash but that is easily fixed with an extra wire.
See my install here http://andyhammond.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/cruise/cruise.html
Andy