car colour - how to find out

Hi,
how do I find out what colour paint I need for touching up?
Under the bonnet is a plaque with the following entries
F long number M long number (chassis number?)
W number kg B number kg AU number kg DI number kg S DAW
I wrote them down and went into my local independent car shop but none of the numbers on the plaque match any of the codes in the paint catalogue.
I couldn't find any other plaques, maybe I will have to go to a main dealer.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
--
Nospam

Interpreting European VIN codes (does not contain a paint code): http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/vindecoder.html
Item #13 on the Vehicle Certification Label on the B pillar door jamb is the paint code on U.S. Fords. http://www.ofoc.ca/garage/vin.html
-- Don
Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are much more pliable. ~ Mark Twain
"Nospam" wrote...

if this is an EU vehicle the DI you mention should be D1
D = Machine Silver 1 = 2001
ford part no. 1320171 - touch up stick or part no. 1307254 - aerosol
hth
--
gandissy

Thanks, yes machine silver it is - thank you, but it was registered in 2004 so I have a dodge car or is that the date when the colour was introduced.
--
Nospam