carcraft

anyone had any negative experience with carcraft in the uk please?

Reply to
biggirlsblouse

I have a friend who recently bought a corsa, it developed a nasty knock within a couple of weeks, after many visits to carcraft they decided to replace the steering rack. They arranged for a courtesy car, on arrival there was no car and they would not and do not provide them they said. He was left with no transport.

A similar car could be purchased elseware for less even after their massive so called discounts. Its ok if you need their credit but I would avoid.

Reply to
:-)

Run forest run.....

Reply to
You Rang?

mmmm thats what I was afraid of.... sold me a car on friday that was supposed to be a 2.0TDCI ... was suspicious because they didnt put the cc on the sales invoice...however they did put 2tdci on the 7 days insurance slip. Also I only got 1 key and it was lacking the Ford vehicle manuals. Not 100% sure yet until I check with Ford and the VIN no. ... but the V5 docket which I used to tax it yesterday said 1.8cc... and the certificate of conformity from Ford against the cars VIN no. also said 1.8cc! I know I am paranoid but..... was it a genuine mistake I ask?... and what problems do you think I am likely to encounter with them... or is a trip to my local trading standards in order??

Reply to
biggirlsblouse

you could try sticking the reg number in some of the insurance companies online, they have brought my car details up in the past. I for one would be pretty upset if id have bought a 2.0 and got some thing different.

Reply to
:-)

Good idea... just did that and it came up recognised ok...but it said ford focus ghia.... and the cc field was blank!

Reply to
biggirlsblouse

If carcraft sold you a car that said its a 2L and its not, then reject the car under sales of goods act

IE not as described

and if you paid by finance, make sure it is cancelled

Reply to
You Rang?

what year is it and how much was it . OH AND TAKE IT BACK i bet you paid over the odds for it

Reply to
Me

In alt.autos.ford.focus biggirlsblouse :

LOL...Sorry but this was the most funny rip-off lately. ;-)

Hopefully 2.0l is mentioned clearly on your bill? I'd just return the car it isn't simply what you paid for or consider demanding a remarkable money return if you want to keep it.

Good luck

Reply to
Michael Heiming

Another check - lift the hood and see what the sticker on the engine says. But if it says 1.8 on the V5, and they'd sold it as 2 litre, I'd be taking it back and demanding a full refund.

Reply to
Stu

They have agreed to take it back with profuse apologies....saying its there IT system that was at fault!...it remians to be seen what happens however I am as we speak writing a letter to their head office refusing to accept the vehicle on the grounds of a breach of the sale of goods act in relation to "not being as described".

Reply to
biggirlsblouse

I'm sure there's some sort of offence such as "attempting to obtain money by deception" that they could possibly be accused of. I'd notify the police and get on to trading standards as well if I were you...

Reply to
Stu

Why are you writing a letter? They have agreed to take it back which is all you are entitled to anyway. You ain't gonna get anything more than that.

By all means complain if you think that will make them change their practices. Otherwise get out and look for a new car!

Reply to
Lorenzo

The letter is my protection... the last line says it all in my letter..."this correspondence is the legal notice of rejection of the vehicle on the grounds stated above". All the other agreements are verbal....with no evidence of what was said or promised... this is a car with a value of over £13k...you dont trust to luck, and I still have a bad feeling about the fact that the invoice had the mileage field blank. They have agreed to honour their verbal contract which was to find me another 2.0tdci...but if they can't find one I can, and I will ask for my money back plus expenses (tax on 1.8tdci+£42 of diesel)..and maybe the tax on my old car which would have been sold this week!

Reply to
biggirlsblouse

I take it back. Good idea to write!

Reply to
Lorenzo
13k is that carcrafts tag or the real worlds?
Reply to
j*

My advice is to take your money back and walk away from that company. They can find another 2.0 tdci but who knows from where and in what condition (if you are buying used) and if you are buying new car they have to give you two keys and user manual with the new car. What kind of company is that?

Reply to
Dudo

I would tend to agree with that, but only because that way you get a clean break and you can start again.

Reply to
Lorenzo

13.1k to be precise ... but it was Carcrafts ....but this was after negotiation...and it seems the pricing was based on a 1.8tdci ...the pricing was 13450 webprice...windscreen price @ Leeds13995 their website said 2.0tdci..and they cannot get me one..so as of 16:15 today I am getting my full amount returned + reasonable expenses (tax + tankful of diesel) and they are coming back to collect it (58 miles away!!) So now I am doing as Lorenzo suggested and getting back out there looking!
Reply to
biggirlsblouse

Advice taken...and now they cant get me one with delivery mileage I am walking away from the deal

Reply to
biggirlsblouse