CD Changer

I just bought a focus LX, 51 plate. It has a series 5000 cassette radio which has a CD mode button. According to the owners manual the changer would be located under the passenger seat if one was fitted. I was wondering if the cabling for the changer is pre-installed, there is a block connector under the seat being fed via a metal hose.

Thanks in advance

Steve R

Reply to
steve

I believe the wiring is already installed. Assembly would probably cost more to build some cars with and some without the wiring and I can't see why else the connector would be there. You just need to ensure that the changer you buy is compatible with the radio.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

I have a 00 Zetec which had the same 5000 series radio cassette, and the wiring is *not* present for the CD changer.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

if you are in the USA you can buy the changer and cable at

I'm Right