CD player installation

I bought a factory cd/radio on E-Bay. Can I replace my cassette/radio unit in my 2000 Focus SE just by plugging it in. I seem to recall that a security code is needed to make it work. Has anyone done this.
Thanks

Hello, You need to go to a dealer and they can get it for you. The cost 12 months ago was about 15 in the UK.
Cheers
Peter.