CD Stuck in player

Hi everyone
I have a 51 1.6 Zetec with a 6006E 6xCD changer. I've put a CD into slot 1 today (a free one from a Sunday newspaper!) but it didn't play and the
player doesn't recognise the CD as being there - it just displays "No Disc" when I try to select it. The other 5 CD's play ok, it's just CD1 with the problem.
It will allow me to load another CD in the CD1 slot. It doesn't play but you can hear the 2 CDs grating together and after a few seconds it displays an error code. I can eject everything except this one CD which I know is there, but the player thinks otherwise!
Any ideas how I can retrieve it?
Jeff